Cascading water Principle - Steriflow autoclave
Each cycle is controlled automatically following the parameters set in the MPI computer system.
- The filled baskets are manually introduced in the STERIFLOW autoclave. Door is manually closed and locked mechanically through a cylinder.
- After a set water make up till process level (or water fill in for the first cycle), the pump is started
- The process water is streamed onto the products with a high water flow. The hydraulic circuit of the process water inside the STERIFLOW autoclave is as following:
the pump – Platular heat exchanger- streaming ramp – cascade on products – suction manifold and filter – pump…
- During the whole cycle the counter pressure is controlled through injection or release of compressed air using two automatic control valves.
- The pump stops. A light signal is triggered to inform cycle is over, allowing the door opening. The STERIFLOW autoclave is unloaded and ready for a new cycle.
The main different phases in a sterilization (or pasteurization) cycle in the Steriflow autoclave
- Heating phase or Come-up Time (CUT):
Steam inlet, in the primary circuit of heat exchanger is heating the process water till programmed value.
- Holding phase :
Temperature and pressure are stabilized
- Cooling phase :
Cold water is injected in the heat exchanger in order to cool down the process water. Water flow is monitored through an automatic on/off control valve linked to the MPI. The cooling water is not in contact with the products and as such can be used again (in a cooling tower for example).
Each programmed cycle can be divided into many of these phases
Main advantages of STERIFLOW autoclave process
- Same treatment of all the products whatever their position or their packing type (cans, glass, pouch, plastic).
- No possibility of re-contamination as cooling is made with sterile water.
- The programmed cycle can be exactly reproduced
- Temperature and pressure ( counter pressure) are really independant.
- Great accuracy of temperature and pressure, thanks to the MPI Controller, for all products and packing (double trays, triple compartments, easy opening, ...)
- Very low maintenance costs on the autoclave. The heat exchanger is a platular with welded plates ( almost no maintenance compared to plate & gaskets type exchanger). All parts are static , except the pump ( low pressure pump).
- Refer to our page ENERGY AND UTILITIES.
NEW SALES OFFICE IN PARIS
Steriflow SAS is moving its Paris sales office only 3Km away from previous location but in modern 340m² fully refurbished offices.
Shipment of 4 Jumbo Steriflow diameter 2000mm
Steriflow SAS recently shipped 4 Steriflow diameter 6 baskets to Asia. One of these Jumbo autoclave / retort merely fits in a 40 ft container!